Have you lost your natural tooth due to concerns such as cavities, gum diseases, or external trauma to the mouth? Losing a tooth can be quite disadvantageous in terms of oral functionality and aesthetics. A Dental Implant can be an option for restoring the lost tooth. The various advantages of dental implants make them one of the foremost choices to replace a missing tooth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants are composed of dental-grade materials like titanium and tooth-colored ceramic. These materials offer excellent strength and durability, making them perfect for fabricating long-lasting dental restorations.
- Since implants are placed directly in the jawbone, they stay very stable despite regular usage. The grooves on the surface of the implant stud offer excellent stability and anchorage.
- Implants can be personalized to mimic the aesthetics of natural teeth in terms of color, shape, and size. This keeps them under disguise and allows you to smile without being conscious of your facial appearance.
- Implants ensure better jawbone health. They prevent deterioration of the underlying jawbone and keep it healthy.
- Implants have an excellent success rate, thanks to the rigorous screening procedure followed before commencing the treatment. This ensures they last for several years without any hassle.
- Implants allow you to bite and chew food as you always did. They wouldn't get displaced or worn out easily.
How is a Dental Implant done?
Dental Implants require two steps - first is a surgical procedure to place the dental implant in the jawbone and the second to place a crown or restore the implant. A dental specialist such as an oral surgeon or periodontist would provide the first surgical procedure. It may take 3-6 months to achieve the healing necessary to start the second step with the final restoration. Once the surgeon has given an ok, our office will create a custom crown and attachment, called an abutment, to replace the missing tooth.
Please get in touch with us by calling us at (740) 369-4550, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!