Some dentists may be specialized in a particular branch, such as endodontics, orthodontics, pediatrics, etc., while others offer treatments for all common dental concerns. Such dentists are called general dentists, and they treat patients of all age groups. Dr. Rebecca Jordan and Dr. Chelsea George and their team are dedicated to providing quality dental treatment to all their patients and also offer family dental services.
What does a general dentist do?
General dentists are trained to handle several types of common dental concerns rather than specializing in one specific type of treatment. Our office offers many prominent dental treatments and work with many specialists in our area.
- Restorative Dentistry (Fillings or Crowns): Cavities are quite common in all ages. There are many causes for tooth decay. Our job is to assess your risk, diagnose any areas of decay and then restore the teeth by removing the decay and filling the cavity with a tooth-colored material or place a crown. Decayed teeth left for too long can affect your smile and lead to pain or infection and sometimes tooth loss. Regular dental care can help you avoid these problems.
- Preventive Care (Cleanings): Regular preventive dental care is your best defense against cavities, infection and other issues. Preventive visits should happen at least once every six months. During a routine teeth cleaning or preventive visit we will conduct a comprehensive review of your mouth to determine your current oral health. Our preventive care specialists will also review your medical health, making connections between whole body and oral health. Tartar (Calculus) deposits, plaque and stain will be removed keeping your smile bright. We will identify any areas of concern and make appropriate recommendations for your best health.
- Cosmetic Care:We consider all dentistry to be cosmetic. We want your smile always looking as good as possible. We are happy to work with you regarding common cosmetic concerns, such as teeth staining, chipped, cracked, or broken teeth, gum diseases, etc., We are happy to address any of your concerns during a consultation and exam in our office. We offer teeth whitening, crowns, veneers, and composite bonding to help give you a more pleasing smile.
- Orthodontics: Malocclusion is a common oral concern that is characterized by misaligned teeth caused by improper growth of the jaw bones. Orthodontics is the dental specialty that corrects these misalignments. Dr. Jordan specializes in a device called A.L.F. to prevent and/or address concerns with growth and development that cause malocclusion. ALF is an alternative to traditional orthodontics and can benefit many patients, from ages 3 all the way through adults.
- Teeth replacement:Missing teeth can lead to several drawbacks, such as jawbone deterioration, displeasing smile, hindered oral functionality, drifting of the adjoining teeth, etc. It is best to get restore missing teeth using prosthetic restorations such as implants, bridges, or dentures to avoid these disadvantages. We are able to offer many options to replace missing teeth.
- Root canal therapy:Root canal infection is the decay of the underlying dental pulp by the microbes in the mouth. This condition is treated by extracting the infected pulp using dental equipment and restoring the tooth using a crown. Our office does not provide root canal therapy but can assess whether it is a necessary step for you. We work with many specialists in Delaware and Central Ohio that can provide this type of treatment.
- Extractions:Dental extractions are required when a tooth is beyond any form of treatment or restorations, such as when it is subjected to severe cavities, damage, etc. Our office is able to provide simple teeth extractions, but often recommend seeing an Oral Surgeon to ensure you are receiving the best possible care.
Please get in touch with us by calling us at (740) 369-4550, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!